In today’s business environment, litigation has become part of the cost of doing business. When a business dispute arises, Martin & Squires is capable of effectively representing your interests in court.
We represent people and businesses in many areas of civil litigation with experienced litigators and paralegals; your matter will not be handed off to an associate who is “learning” how to effectively and efficiently meet your needs.
Winning in any competitive environment is hard work and requires practice, skills and experience. Winning a civil suit in a courtroom is no different; yet very few lawyers have the experience our attorneys do in actually bringing a lawsuit all the way to trial, and fewer still have actually conducted the trial as lead trial attorney.
Statistically, most lawyers don’t have trial experience, and very few lawyers have the complex litigation experience or experience in the wide variety of forums where the skilled trial lawyers of Martin & Squires practice.
While the litigators at Martin & Squires are able, and do, go to trial, they pursue resolution of a dispute rather than risk an unpredictable judge or jury, without the need for a costly and emotionally draining trial.
Examples of such civil disputes include:
Business disputes of all kinds
- Contract enforcement
- Contract cancellation
- Warranty claims
- Collection of amounts due
Commercial real estate and construction
- Construction defect claims
- Collection and defense of collection actions
- Surety / Bond claims – including Miller Act and Little Miller Act claims
- Mechanics Lien claims
- Property line disputes
- Eminent domain/Condemnation
- Purchase agreement cancellations
- Delay claims
- Public bid contest claims
Commercial landlord tenant
- Lease enforcement
- Eviction actions
- Collection actions
Business ownership related claims
- Minority shareholder claims
- Shareholder/partner disputes
- Fiduciary claims
Professional liability, Errors and Omissions (E&O) and ERISA Claims
Insurance coverage disputes
Utility, Gas Supply, Commodities and Energy disputes
Estate and Probate actions and disputes
Conservator and Guardianship actions
Employment litigation of every kind
- Non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Executive employment and severance
- Discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation
- Wage and hour issues
- Sales commission disputes
- Statutory wage claims
- Representation before state and federal administrative agencies
- Breach of employment contract
- Wrongful termination and unlawful termination litigation
- Race, age, national origin, religion, and marital discrimination
- Disability discrimination, ADA, reasonable accommodation disputes
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Defamation and slander
- Breach of privacy
- Breach of employee duty of loyalty
- Usurpation of corporate opportunity and self-dealing
- Corporate theft of intellectual property
Personal Injury Claims
Medical Malpractice Claims
Criminal Defense – DWI, Traffic, Felony and Misdemeanor
As a progressive, forward-thinking firm whose business is law, Martin & Squires takes a collaborative approach to our litigation practice that is flexible and agile. We allocate resources responsibly to maximize each professional’s contribution and the value to clients, including the unique ability to scale rapidly to adjust to client needs.
And, while certainly at ease in the courtroom, we also are adept at finding solutions in the boardroom. Many attorneys tend to be less than skillful in developing settlement options with a business solution – this is where we excel. The real world business experience of our attorneys and qualified mediators help us bring an in-depth yet practical perspective to the bargaining table.
We realize that often the best defense is a solid offense, and we work closely with business owners, managers, and in-house corporate counsel to develop strategies that mitigate risk and lay the groundwork for proper defense against potential actions.